Kubick Aviation Services seeks an Avionics Manager to join their fun and growing team in Kingsford, Michigan. The Avionics Manager is a key position with the company. This is a working manager position in charge of the Avionics Department handling installs, tests, repairs and troubleshooting of all avionic devices. You will interact with customers, quote jobs, plan out details, assist in work (40% - 50% of time), and supervise the work of technicians to assure FAA and company standards are met.
Responsibilities of the Avionics Manager
- Plan, direct, supervise and coordinate the activities of the avionics department.
- Provide accurate quotes for customers.
- Ensure parts/equipment needed for work being performed is ordered and available on time.
- Perform pre-Inspections and final inspections on all avionics jobs.
- Ensure that work completed is in accordance with manufacturer’s maintenance/repair instructions and Federal Aviation Regulations (Title 14 CFR part 43).
- Responsible for training and assisting avionic technicians in proper procedures/practices.
Starting wage of $25 - $35 per hour with growth opportunity and based on your knowledge and experience in this field. In addition, we offer paid training, a monthly wellness stipend, SIMPLE IRA retirement plan, life insurance, accidental death benefit, vision insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, YMCA membership and company provided apparel. Relocation assistance available for the right candidate.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications for this Position
- Degree or certification in avionics maintenance, equivalent military training, or 5 years hands-on experience in the field of avionics maintenance required.
- FCC General Radiotelephone license desired.
- Working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) required.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics, aircraft manuals, and parts catalogs.
- Possess own tools and toolbox required.
- Embody a strong customer service background, a team-oriented work ethic and able to lead a team.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Speak and write fluent English.
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to interact in a professional, trustworthy and confidence inspiring manner with clients and team members at all levels.
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds and stand, bend and/or stoop for extended periods of time.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens while employed with company.